Ok ladies get your mind out of the gutter. Gosh! lol just kidding. So with the holidays in full force it's time to start planning. Like I said before holiday season can be supper fun but, also super stressful if you have a ton of things to do. Here are two really-quick recipes that I got out of the holiday Food Network magazine and they are yummy and cost effective. That's one thing I hate about certain recipes they call for to many ingredients. I've had that happen to me many times at the market when I've tried to recreate a dish and it's caused me to go broke in the process lol. These two dishes won't do that to you. they're perfect if your bringing a dish to a holiday party or, if your hosting a holiday party yourself. The recipes are short, simple and sweet :)
The recipe for the Greek-Style Shrimp Bites
Things You'll need:
- 12 small shrimp or as many you desire *I recommend pre-cooked shrimp.It will save time.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel * Tip if you don't have a grater for the lemon peel, cut a lemon in half and squeeze it for a little lemon juice to add to the hummus.
- Box of Keebler Town House Flat-bread crisps.
- Classic hummus * I recommend Baba Foods spicy black bean hummus.It gives the bites an extra kick
1. Thaw shrimp, if frozen.In medium bowl toss together shrimp, olive oil, honey, oregano, salt and pepper.
2. Preheat grill pan over high heat. Add shrimp. Cook over high heat for about 20 to 30 seconds for pre-cooked shrimp. If you decide to use fresh shrimp, cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque.
3. Place lemon slices on grill pan. Cook over high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until they begin to brown turning once. Remove from pan. Cut each slice into segments.
4. In small bowl stir together hummus and lemon peel or juice if you don't have grater for the peel. Spread about 1 teaspoon of hummus mixture on each cracker. Top each with piece of shrimp and lemon segment.
The recipe for the Herbed French Bread
Things you'll need:
3.Fresh Thyme or dried thyme
1.Slice a baguette on a sharp diagonal to make 8 long pieces.
2. Butter both sides and season with salt & pepper.
3. Arrange on a baking sheet.
4. Combine 3 tablespoons chopped chives and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or dried thyme.
5. Sprinkle on the bread and bake at 400 degrees until crisp, 15 minutes. If your oven cooks food quickly I recommend cooking it at 350 degrees :)
Gurl Chat xoxo